The technology behind the Luminox men's black Ops watch 8401 is only one of the benefits of this unique watch. Those who choose the Luminox men's black Ops watch 8401 appreciate it for its style, advanced features and precise timekeeping as well. And, of course, there's no denying how cool it is to wear a watch made for the U.S. Navy SEALs, the U.S. Air Force pilots, FBI and ATF agents.
Luminox Men's Black Ops Watch 8401 Features
- The ultimate Swiss self-powered illumination system that glows without the need to push a button or expose to light
- Glows continuously for more than 25 years
- Glows 100 times brighter than other luminous watches
- Illumination guaranteed for 10 years
- Swiss made with jeweled Swiss watch movements
- 200 meters (660 feet) water resistant and shock resistant
- Date function
- PVD-coated stainless steel case
- Unidirectional stainless steel ratcheting diving bezel features bright "taser" dot gas capsule
- Hardened scratch-resistant mineral crystal
- 44 mm case diameter
- Screw down crown
- Polyurethane strap
- Stainless steel screw down caseback
- Rigorous testing earned it official qualification for use in the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy
- Meets military specifications of all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Full ten-year Luminox warranty
- The Watch Co. is an authorized Luminox retailer
- Free US Priority Mail shipping.
Buy your Luminox men's black Ops watch 8401 from The Watch Co. and enjoy free shipping plus our exclusive 110% price protection. When the time comes to buy a new watch The Watch Co. has the perfect timepiece that expresses your personal style.
If you like the Luminox men's black Ops watch 8401, check out these related products:
Luminox Model L8401
View our Glossary of Watch Terms
Like many other American success stories, Luminox came from a forward-thinking individual realizing a need in the market and meeting it. Barry Cohen, a watch industry veteran, came across a Swiss self-powered illumination system and knew that it would make watches more visible and easier to read in low or no light situations. He asked his friend Richard Timbo if he would like to join him. Luminox was born in 1989 (Lumi is Latin for light while Nox is Latin for night), driven by a commitment to offer cutting-edge luminescence and readability in its line of high-performance sports watches.
The Navy SEALs and More
The Luminox Navy SEAL watch is the timepiece that made Luminox famous. The officer in charge of procurement for the Navy SEALs, Nick North, was asked to seek a more dependable watch for night missions and found the solution at a trade show where he discovered Luminox. He worked with Cohen to develop a watch specifically for them and the Navy SEAL watch was born.
After Luminox provided the watches to the SEALs, Luminox began marketing the watch across the country and the world. Luminox was then approached by US Air Force pilots flying the F-117 Nighthawk fighter jet -- Luminox developed a watch for these pilots and contacted Lockheed Martin, which turned into an exclusive arrangement to produce Lockheed Martin timepieces.
Throughout the following 20 years, Luminox has never strayed from its mission and this has been confirmed and validated by the many elite military and law enforcement units that have adopted Luminox as standard equipment. The man on the street has shown particular interest in Luminox, figuring rightly that if the watches are designed for and used by the Navy SEALs, they have to be able to stand up to every day use.
From here on, Luminox remains determined to continue combining cutting edge technology, forward-thinking design and extreme performance. Luminox delivers, when and where it counts. It's our frame of mind.